Vanilla Islands & International Coalition of Tourism Partners (ICTP) will collaborate
- Advance a culture of Green Growth through intensifying the Travelism (Travel&Tourism) value chain, promoting quality, encouraging investment and building sustainable programs&services, in conformity with the principles of the UN Global Compact, the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics and the Millennium (Sustainable) Development Goals.
- Encourage a Travelism research, operational and business framework that builds on the quality products and services of Vanilla Islands and incorporates the programs, research and relationships of ICTP.
- Enhance knowledge, research, education and skills training to support Green Growth and Quality in the sector and across their economies, with a strong focus on base of the pyramid and broad community engagement
- Support the development of a long term Green Growth Investment Roadmap for the Vanilla Islands and each of its constituent members. In this context work closely with ICTP’s founding partner Greenearth.travel and GATEtrip to source impact Investment funding for qualified projects.
- Hold an Annual Green Growth and Travelism Conference in the Vanilla Islands and related leadership dialogues for the sector linked to appropriate Carnival and festival events.
- Keep each other advised of relevant matters related to this agreement. It was Minister Alain St.Ange, the Seychelles Minister responsible for Tourism and Culture, the sitting President of the Vanilla Islands who signed on behalf of the Indian Ocean Vanilla Islands Regional Organization and Mr. Juergen Thomas Steinmetz, the President of the ICTP who signed on behalf of the ICTP (International Coalition of Tourism Partners).
The International Coalition of Tourism Partners (ICTP) is a grassroots travel and tourism coalition of global destinations committed to Quality Service and Green Growth. ICTP engages communities and their stakeholders to share quality and green opportunities including tools and resources, access to funding, education, and marketing support. ICTP advocates sustainable aviation growth, streamlined travel formalities, fair coherent taxation, and investments for jobs. ICTP supports the UN Millennium Development Goals, the UN World Tourism Organization's Global Code of Ethics for Tourism, and a range of programs that underpin them.
Current ICTP members are: www.tourismpartners.org/partners
For more information, go to: www.tourismpartners.org
PHOTO: Seychelles Tourism&Culture Minister Alain St.Ange&ICTP Chairman Juergen T. Steinmetz
MEDIA CONTACTS: International Coalition of Tourism Partners, Juergen Thomas Steinmetz, Chairman, Phone: +1-808-566-9900, firstname.lastname@example.org ; Geoffrey Lipman, President, email@example.com ; Marie-Julie Chaput, Membership Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org