Darwin Convention Centre
Abigail Trewin has commenced as Event Manager, with ten years experience in the event, convention management and hospitality industry studying hotel management with the Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School and IHTTI Neuchatell Switzerland.
Organisation of conventions is not new to Abigail, being Chairperson of the Northern Territory for the Australian College of Ambulance Professionals Northern Territory Branch (ACAP) for the past three years. Abigail is also a qualified Intensive Care Paramedic having been employed by St John Ambulance since 1997.
Aaron Roussos also joins the team as Food and Beverage Manager. Prior to this appointment, Aaron was Venue Catering Manager for the Royal Adelaide Showgrounds for the past 4 years and is a qualified chef.
Aaron has catered for all ranges and style of events, from the organisation and preparation of 27,000 corporate meals over four days at the annual Royal Adelaide Show to creative five star a la carte meals at his own restaurant in Port Douglas, Aaron said he is looking forward to presenting a selection of innovative menus utlising the freshest seafood and local produce that Australia’s tropical city has to offer.
General Manager for the Darwin Convention Centre, Ms Malu Barrios said “the latest appointment of both Abigail and Aaron are welcome additions to the Centre’s rapidly growing team. The depth of experience and knowledge in their respective fields will be a great asset to our future clients.’
There is a definite buzz of excitement as completion of Australia’s newest Convention Centre and the AUD1billion Darwin Waterfront Development draws closer.
“The construction is on schedule and we will be ready to host the world, welcoming the first of our 17 confirmed national and international conventions and their delegates in mid 2008,” stated Ms Barrios.
A selection of conventions to be held at the Darwin Convention Centre include:
· 46th International Association of Women Police (IAWP) Training Conference, September 2008, 500 delegates
· Australian General Practice Network Forum, October 2008, 1,000 delegates
· Thoracic Society of Australia&New Zealand and Australian&New Zealand Society
of Respiratory Science Annual Scientific Meeting, Thoracic, April 2009, 500 delegates
· Australian Veterinary Association Annual Conference 2009, May 2009, 800 delegates
· Australian Petroleum Production&Exploration Association Conference and Exhibition, May/June 2009, 1,300 delegates
· Australasian College of Dermatologists 43rd Annual Scientific Meeting, May 2010, 700 delegates
· Count Financial Ltd 26th Annual Financial Planning Conference, April 2011, 1,500 delegates
For further media information or comment, please contact: Ms Malu Barrios, General Manager Darwin Convention Centre, GPO Box 735, Darwin NT 0801 T: + 61 8 9823 9000 E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.darwinconvention.com.au