The EIBTH Worldwide Technology Watch is Awarded to the New Spotme
The New SPOTME ® is a wireless communication system for meetings, conferences, and events. The centerpiece of the service is a purpose-built wireless handheld device that provides event information and communication tools to participants. Shockfish SA will be displaying the product on stand 0513/0514 at the MPI Technology Village @ EIBTM.
Shockfish SA, Managing Director, Bänz Ledin commented “Bringing the new SPOTME to the market has been two years of extremely hard work. Our team continues to re-define on-site communication with incredible energy and passion. We are thrilled to win the EIBTM WorldWide Technology Watch competition. That EIBTM, Corbin Ball and the judging panel see the new Spotme as the leading technology is very, very rewarding to us."
The EIBTM 2007 WorldWide Technology Watch Winner Presentation will take place on Wednesday 28th November 14.00-14.30 in room 3.2 immediately after the live EIBTM Technology Debate. Paul Kennedy, MBE, Group Exhibition Director, Reed Travel Exhibitions will introduce the winner and present the award. This year’s winner will then demonstrate their innovative winning product for the meetings industry.
The runner-ups, who have also demonstrated very strong technological solutions, are:
o Jambo Networks
o Jot Event Messaging Systems
This year Corbin Ball, CMP, Director, Corbin Ball Associates – Chairman, chaired the awards and the 2007 Judging Panel included:
Corbin Ball, CMP, Corbin Ball Associates, WA, USA – CHAIRMAN
Martin Sirk, CEO, ICCA- Amsterdam
Paul Hussey, Managing Director, Olive 360, UK
Charles Robinson, Director, Eventuality Solutions, UK
Mike Southon, Founder, Beermat.biz, UK
Mandy Torrens, Exhibition Director for EIBTM comments: “Previous winners have found commercial backing and positive publicity by winning the WWTW competition. We have had a record number of entries which confirms that technology is important to the meetings and incentive industry. EIBTM through the WWTW competition is dedicated to discovering the latest technological innovations that will have a positive impact on meetings, events, incentive travel, conferences and exhibitions”
EIBTM will take place from 27th-29th November 2007, in Barcelona (venue: Fira Gran Via).
For more information on Spotme please visit: www.spotme.com
For more information about exhibitors at the technology village go to www.eibtm.com/techvillage and for the EIBTM Daily Technology Hour go to www.eibtm.com/techhour
1. EIBTM forms part of the RTE portfolio of Global Meetings and Incentives Events along with AIME (www.aime.com.au), GIBTM (www.gibtm.travel ), CIBTM (www.cibtm.travel) and the ICCA Exhibition in association with the ICCA Congress (www.iccaworld.com).
EIBTM (www.eibtm.com) is the annual global meetings and incentive exhibition held in Barcelona, Spain.
EIBTM is ABC Audited every year to guarantee that the number of visitors promoted is completely accurate and are unique attendees only.
2. Reed Travel Exhibitions organise 15 events worldwide, including World Travel Market, Arabian Travel Market, C.I.S. Travel Market, EIBTM, British Travel Trade Fair, Asia Pacific Incentives&Meetings Expo (AIME), International Golf Travel Market, Top Resa, ICCA Exhibition, in association with the ICCA Congress, International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM), La Cumbre, City Break, China Incentive, Business Travel&Meetings Exhibition (CIBTM), Gulf Incentive Business Travel&Meetings (GIBTM) and Asia Luxury Travel Market (ALTM).
3. For further press information, please visit the Reed Travel Exhibitions’ website on www.reedtravelexhibitions.com
4. Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of exhibitions and conferences. Reed brings together over 90,000 suppliers and more than 5.5 million buyers from around the world every year generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 38 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 33 fully staffed offices.
5. Reed’s portfolio of over 460 events serves 52 industry sectors, including: aerospace and defence, building and construction, design, electronics, energy, oil and gas, entertainment, food and hospitality, gifts, healthcare, IT/telecoms, jewellery, manufacturing, marketing and business services, pharmaceuticals, property, publishing, sport and recreation, transport and logistics and travel.
6. Working closely with professional bodies, trade associations and government departments Reed ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to industry needs. As a result, many Reed events are market leaders in their field.
7. Reed Exhibitions is part of Reed Elsevier, a FTSE 100 company and world-leading publisher and information provider, with revenues in excess of £4.8 billion (US$ 8.4 billion) (2004).
For further information, contact the EIBTM press office: Nina Gardiner or Sandra Boutonnet. Tel: +44 (0) 207 096 2958/53 Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org EIBTM Website: www.eibtm.com Reed Travel Exhibitions website: www.reedtravelexhibitions.com