Centara wins TTG Award for best meetings and conventions hotel for 2nd year
Receiving the award was Supatra Chirathivat, Senior Vice President - Corporate Affairs&Social Responsibilities of Centara Hotels and Resorts.
“We are very proud indeed to be receiving this prestigious award for the second time in two years,” said Ms Supatra. “Thailand is one of the world’s great destinations for meetings and conventions, and it is an honor for us to be playing such a significant role in presenting Thailand to the world.”
Centara Grand&Bangkok Convention Centre, which opened in 2007, was named as Best Meetings and Conventions Hotel at the TTG Travel Awards 2010.
Centara Hotels&Resorts has earlier been named Best Local Hotel Chain by the TTG Travel Awards for two years in succession.
The TTG Travel Awards are organized by TTG Asia, the region’s most authoritative travel industry publication, with voting open to all readers.
Centara Hotels&Resorts is Thailand’s largest operator of hotels, with 38 deluxe and first-class properties covering all the major tourist destinations in the kingdom. A further 16 resorts in the Maldives, Philippines, Vietnam, Bali Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and Mauritius Indian Ocean, brings the present total to 54 properties. Brands and properties within Centara ensure that specific categories such as couples, families, individuals, and meetings and incentives groups will all find a hotel or resort that is appropriate to their needs.
Centara operates 25 branches of Spa Cenvaree, one of Thailand’s most luxurious and innovative spa brands, and the company’s Kids’ Club is available at all the family-friendly resorts to ensure that the youngsters and teens are taken care of. Centara Hotels&Resorts also operates two state-of-the-art convention centers in Bangkok, and one in Udon Thani in northeastern Thailand.
PHOTO: Suraphon Svetasreni (4th left), Governor, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) who receives “Best NTO” award for TAT, congratulates Supatra Chirathivat (center), Senior Vice President - Corporate Affairs&Social Responsibilities of Centara Hotels and Resorts and executives from Centara Hotels and Resorts and Centara Grand and Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld.
L to R:
- Rattanapol Jirawattana, Director of Sales Leisure of Centara Grand and Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld
- Ferry Tiahjono, Director of Sales of Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld
- Robert Maurer-Loeffler, General Manager of Centara Grand and Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld
- Suraphon Svetasreni ,Governor, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)
- Supatra Chirathivat, Senior Vice President - Corporate Affairs&Social Responsibilities at Centara Hotels and Resorts
- Thirakiati Chirathivat , Vice President for Procurement at Centara Hotels and Resorts
- Philip Hall Group Director of Sales&Marketing at Centara Hotels and Resorts
- Boris Sertic, Group Director of Revenue Management at Centara Hotels and Resorts
- Johannes Gerardus Jolij, Resident Manager at Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok
For more information and reservations, please contact tel. +662 101 1234 ext. 1 or email to href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com or visit: www.centarahotelsresorts.com .
MEDIA CONTACT: Centara Hotels & Resorts, 999/99 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan Bangkok 10330, Thailand, Tel: +66 (0) 2 769 1234, Fax: +66 (0) 2 769 1235, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org