STAY WYSE publishes annual Youth Travel Accommodation Industry Survey
Year over year, the comprehensive survey continues to gain the interest of accommodation providers worldwide as they see it as a key tool in terms of business planning, marketing, and forecasting.
- The scale of the survey continues to grow, with over 6 times as many respondents to the survey undertaken in 2011 as to the survey undertaken in 2009. This year’s survey represents over 1,300 Youth Travel Accommodation providers worldwide.
- This year’s survey provides data on global and regional level, as well as on 26 countries and 7 cities. This includes: occupancy rates, bed rates, revenues, booking lead times, booking sources, revenues per available bed, and more.
- This report is the fifth in a series of reports on the YTA industry produced by STAY WYSE, and the continued growth in participation in the research is a clear indication of the importance of this information to the market.
The STAY WYSE research has become particularly important, because it is the only global indicator of the state of the YTA sector, and because it seeks to provide concrete business metrics that allow operators to benchmark their own performance against global and regional standards.
The aims of the study are:
- To collect data for the purpose of identifying trends and making relative comparisons.
- Provide guidance to youth travel accommodation providers in assessing their business performance, cost effectiveness, revenues, and expenses relative to the industry standard.
- To enable youth travel accommodation operators to benchmark their business characteristics in order to develop strategic concepts and optimize business outcomes.
- To help youth travel accommodation providers to develop business plans and help guide investment decisions.
The STAY WYSE survey has rapidly become the most comprehensive study of the YTA industry worldwide and is the only consistent source of benchmarking and comparison by world region, country, and for a number of key cities.
STAY WYSE would like to thank the 20 sponsors of this study and in particular Hostelworld.com, Hostelling International, and HostelBookers who helped collect this data.
For more information about the survey and on becoming a member, please visit www.staywyse.org .
MEDIA CONTACT: Jeff Funnekotter, Communications Executive, WYSE Travel Confederation, Keizersgracht 174-176, 1016 DW Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 (0)20 421 2800, Fax: +31 (0)20 421 2810, Email: email@example.com , Web: www.wysetc.org