UNWTO presents overview of international tourism in 2010
• International tourist arrivals reached 940 million and tourism receipts generated US$919 billion
• Travel for leisure, recreation, and holidays accounted for just over half of all international tourist arrivals
• Slightly over half of all travelers arrived at their destination by air
• France maintained its position as the world’s number one tourism destination
• China became the world’s third biggest tourism spender
UNWTO Tourism Highlights is produced annually and is available for free download at http://mkt.unwto.org/en/content/tourism-highlights .
MEDIA CONTACT: Principal Media Officer, Marcelo Risi, Tel: (+34) 91 567 81 60, Email: mrisi@UNWTO.org , Web: www.UNWTO.org ; UNWTO Communications Program, Tel: +34 91-567-8100, Fax: +34 91-567-8218, Email: comm@UNWTO.org