EIBTM 2007: ASIA-PACIFIC REPRESENTATION INCREASES
o THE REGION CHOOSES EIBTM TO SHOWCASE ITS LATEST MEETING&INCENTIVE PRODUCTS
The EIBTM 2007 show floor will have one of its largest number of exhibitors representing the Asia-Pacific region, since moving to Barcelona, with both new and returning companies.
For the first time in the history of the show, China National Tourist Office, will have a stand at a time when the world’s eyes are focused on this new economic powerhouse. China as a destination for international meetings business and as a domestic market for meetings is enjoying major growth. With the 2008 Summer Olympics looming closer, ever increasing attention of the global meetings industry will focus on Beijing and the whole of China.
For the very first time the Vietnam Meeting and Incentive Club (VMIC) will take a stand at the event sharing it with Caravelle Hotel. The latest WTTC annual report also predicts that Vietnam’s travel and tourism sector (based on a rate of 7.5%) will have the world’s sixth highest growth rate over the next ten years. Other neighbouring country exhibitors include Laos and Cambodia.
Ms Nguyen Thuy Phuong, MICE Manager for Vietnam Airlines (founding member of VMIC) commented: “Recently, Vietnam has been recognised as one of the most appealing destinations for meetings and incentives in Asia-Pacific. By attending EIBTM, we expect to successfully promote Vietnam as a new destination for meetings and incentive groups from European countries.”
“We are very excited to participate in our first EIBTM as we believe Vietnam is a hidden charm. We are looking forward to meeting up with buyers and planners from the European meetings and incentives industry,” explained Sheena Shee, Director of Sales&Marketing of Caravelle Hotel.
At the same time, the Nepal Incentive and Convention Association has also confirmed its participation – they last exhibited at EIBTM in Geneva. Focusing on their new campaign “Nepal – Once is not enough” and “Unleash Yourself” programme, they will be exhibiting a potpourri of attractions including; ancient holidays, adventures, spiritual yatras, knowledge breaks and divine cities, Buddhist studies, Hindu sciences, and Eco treks.
The Korea Tourist Organisation is also returning to EIBTM having last participated in 2004. Hong Kong Tourist Association has increased its presence this year with a third larger stand size and Thailand is also returning with a similar increase.
New Zealand returns after a year’s absence and according to The World Travel and Tourism Council (WWTC) the country’s attractiveness for inbound Business Travel is estimated to generate US$1.8 bn in 2007 and by 2017, this is expected to reach US$2.6 bn. New Zealand is predicted to grow into a key player in the meeting and incentive industry and its participation at EIBTM is set to showcase many of its leading venues, products and services.
Mandy Torrens, Exhibition Director commented: “The Asia Pacific section of EIBTM will this year be an essential reference for planners and buyers and provide an indepth overview of some of the world’s more unusual destinations. We expect our Hosted Buyers and visitors to find some interesting and exciting products from growing and dynamic markets.”
The Fira Gran Via venue in Barcelona, Spain will be home to EIBTM from 27th-29th November 2007.
For further information on EIBTM please visit the website: www.eibtm.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. EIBTM forms part of the RTE portfolio of Global Meetings and Incentives Events along with AIME (www.aime.com.au), GIBTM (www.gibtm.travel ), CIBTM (www.cbitm.com) and the ICCA Exhibition in association with the ICCA Congress (www.iccaworld.com).
EIBTM (www.eibtm.com) is the annual global meetings and incentive exhibition held in Barcelona, Spain.
EIBTM is ABC Audited every year to guarantee that the number of visitors promoted is completely accurate and are unique attendees only.
2. Reed Travel Exhibitions organise 15 events worldwide, including World Travel Market, Arabian Travel Market, C.I.S. Travel Market, EIBTM, British Travel Trade Fair, Asia Pacific Incentives&Meetings Expo (AIME), International Golf Travel Market, Top Resa, ICCA Exhibition, in association with the ICCA Congress, International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM), La Cumbre, City Break, China Incentive, Business Travel&Meetings Exhibition (CIBTM), Gulf Incentive Business Travel&Meetings (GIBTM) and Asia Luxury Travel Market (ALTM).
3. For further press information, please visit the Reed Travel Exhibitions’ website on www.reedtravelexhibitions.com
4. Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of exhibitions and conferences. Reed brings together over 90,000 suppliers and more than 5.5 million buyers from around the world every year generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 38 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 33 fully staffed offices.
5. Reed’s portfolio of over 460 events serves 52 industry sectors, including: aerospace and defence, building and construction, design, electronics, energy, oil and gas, entertainment, food and hospitality, gifts, healthcare, IT/telecoms, jewellery, manufacturing, marketing and business services, pharmaceuticals, property, publishing, sport and recreation, transport and logistics and travel.
6. Working closely with professional bodies, trade associations and government departments Reed ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to industry needs. As a result, many Reed events are market leaders in their field.
7. Reed Exhibitions is part of Reed Elsevier, a FTSE 100 company and world-leading publisher and information provider, with revenues in excess of £4.8 billion (US$ 8.4 billion) (2004).
For further information, contact the EIBTM press office: Nina Gardiner or Sandra Boutonnet. Tel: +44 (0) 207 096 2958/53 Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org EIBTM Website: www.eibtm.com Reed Travel Exhibitions website: www.reedtravelexhibitions.com Jemma Lyon PR Cut Communications 167-169 Great Portland Street