EIBTM 2007: 13 post event tours UNVEILED FOR THIS YEAR
o Hosted Buyers encouraged to apply early due to limited availability
The EIBTM post event tours programme has had tremendous early interest from European destinations wishing to invite EIBTM Hosted Buyers to experience their country. Last year’s tours were fully booked and as a result the programme has been further extended for 2007.
The 8 new destinations are Alicante, Toledo, Oviedo, San Sebastian, Salamanca, Madrid, Valencia and Venice. The success of last year’s post event tours has led to Amsterdam, London, Bilbao, Costa Daurada and Sitges to once again join the post event tour programme.
Each destination has created individual itineraries to attract buyers including a private guided tour of the Palazzo Ducale (Doge’s Palace) in Venice, exploring Salamanca’s old town or even a visit to the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao. Participants will be able to join a game of pelota (Basque traditional ball game) in San Sebastian or take part in an incentive activity at PortAventura in the Costa Daurada.
Mandy Torrens, Exhibition Director commented: “The post event tours programme last year was extremely popular, and as a result we have been overwhelmed by the response from destinations wanting to join in. We believe the opportunity to experience a destination plus it meeting and incentive products first hand, is a key education and networking experience that offers added value and return on investment for Hosted Buyers when they attend EIBTM.”
Pre-registration for Hosted Buyers and visitors is now live at www.eibtm.com.
The Fira Gran Via venue in Barcelona, Spain will be home to EIBTM from 27th-29th November 2007.
For further information including detailed itineraries and post event tour qualification criteria please visit: www.eibtm.com/fams
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. EIBTM forms part of the RTE portfolio of Global Meetings and Incentives Events along with AIME (www.aime.com.au), GIBTM (www.gibtm.travel ), CIBTM (www.cbitm.com) and the ICCA Exhibition in association with the ICCA Congress (www.iccaworld.com).
EIBTM (www.eibtm.com) is the annual global meetings and incentive exhibition held in Barcelona, Spain.
EIBTM is ABC Audited every year to guarantee that the number of visitors promoted is completely accurate and are unique attendees only.
2. Reed Travel Exhibitions organise 15 events worldwide, including World Travel Market, Arabian Travel Market, C.I.S. Travel Market, EIBTM, British Travel Trade Fair, Asia Pacific Incentives&Meetings Expo (AIME), International Golf Travel Market, Top Resa, ICCA Exhibition, in association with the ICCA Congress, International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM), La Cumbre, City Break, China Incentive, Business Travel&Meetings Exhibition (CIBTM), Gulf Incentive Business Travel&Meetings (GIBTM) and Asia Luxury Travel Market (ALTM).
3. For further press information, please visit the Reed Travel Exhibitions’ website on www.reedtravelexhibitions.com
4. Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of exhibitions and conferences. Reed brings together over 90,000 suppliers and more than 5.5 million buyers from around the world every year generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 38 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 33 fully staffed offices.
5. Reed’s portfolio of over 460 events serves 52 industry sectors, including: aerospace and defence, building and construction, design, electronics, energy, oil and gas, entertainment, food and hospitality, gifts, healthcare, IT/telecoms, jewellery, manufacturing, marketing and business services, pharmaceuticals, property, publishing, sport and recreation, transport and logistics and travel.
6. Working closely with professional bodies, trade associations and government departments Reed ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to industry needs. As a result, many Reed events are market leaders in their field.
7. Reed Exhibitions is part of Reed Elsevier, a FTSE 100 company and world-leading publisher and information provider, with revenues in excess of £4.8 billion (US$ 8.4 billion) (2004).
For further information, contact the EIBTM press office: Nina Gardiner or Sandra Boutonnet. Tel: +44 (0) 207 096 2958/53 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com EIBTM Website: www.eibtm.com Reed Travel Exhibitions website: www.reedtravelexhibitions.com