IT&CMA and CTW 2010 opens today in Bangkok
BANGKOK, Thailand - In keeping with this year's theme, the organizers of IT&CMA and CTW 2010 are “redefining" delegates’ experience while contributing to corporate social responsibility by rolling out new initiatives to improve Asia’s only doublebill MICE and corporate travel event.
The first initiative is a green contribution effort to reduce the use of paper, while the second leverages on technology to help delegates manage their time during the show.
For the first time this year, Corporate Travel World (CTW) Asia-Pacific delegates no longer have to take home bulky stacks of conference materials. Instead, each corporate travel manager will receive a reusable thumb-drive containing all necessary conference documents. Darren Ng, managing director of TTG Asia Media, said: “We not only help reduce waste, but make it more convenient for delegates to reference what they have learnt, anytime. This enhances their overall learning experience.”
Another initiative is an SMS-reminder that the organizers will push to all delegates one hour before a key session begins. Mr. Ng added: “With the host of activities happening at the event, it helps to give everyone a friendly reminder of an upcoming event so that they do not miss out as a result of their busy agendas.” This service will be provided for events open to all delegates. These include: the Opening session taking place today, IT&CMA Morning Seminars (on October 6 and 7), and the 9th Sticky Awards (on October 7).
To enable IT&CMA exhibitors and buyers to make better on-site appointment matches, the organizers have implemented a Buyers-Meet-Sellers (BMS) appointment scheduling session in addition to the Sellers-Meet-Buyers (SMB) session. This will give buyers the opportunity to fix appointments with sellers they are keen to discuss business with. Conversely, the SMB session involves sellers making appointments with buyers of their choice. Both SMB and BMS, as well as the CTW Table-Top Networking Session, where corporate travel managers schedule appointments with exhibitors, will take place later this afternoon.
At the IT&CMA and CTW 2010 Opening Keynote Address, professor Irene Ng, professor of marketing science at the University of Exeter Business School and senior visiting fellow of the University of Cambridge, UK, shared her research findings on the reality of technology empowering the customer and how this had changed the way travel and tourism businesses should add value in the value chain. Her address also illustrated efforts taken by organizations in the UK, Europe, and the US to respond to these changes.
This year’s event has outsold last year’s, welcoming 780 participating exhibitors from 304 companies across 38 countries, 483 buyers and corporate travel managers from 54 countries, 151 conference delegates from 22 countries, 142 international and local media from 35 countries, as well as hundreds more trade visitors, VIPs, and guests. The total count is some 2,340 international delegates.
OTHER KEY EVENTS TODAY INCLUDE:
• IT&CMA and CTW 2010 Official Press Conference.
• Breakfast Briefing Session presented by ICCA (By invitation only).
• AACVB Meeting (by invitation only).
• IMEX-MPI-IT&CMA Future Leaders Forum 2010, supported by TCEB and TICA (by invitation only).
• This event is organized in strategic partnership with IMEX and Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and aims to inspire the very best students and young working adults to join the MICE industry.
• “The You Say, I Say!” interactive session, which saw moderator Mr. David Barrett, executive manager of Diethelm Events, Thailand, and his six distinguished panelists engage MICE and corporate travel professionals on some of our the industry’s most pressing issues. Delegates also had the opportunity to discover the view of their peers and voice their opinions.
• 9th NBTA Global Travel Management Exchange Forum (GTMEF) (for corporate travel managers only).
• IT&CMA and CTW 2010’s Opening Ceremony&Welcome Cocktail hosted by TCEB.
• Late-Night Function Hosted by TTG Asia and Conrad Bangkok Hotel.
• Media Briefings by Airports of Thailand (AOT), Egyptian Tourism Office, Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB), Taiwan Convention and Exhibition Association (TCEA), and The Asian Association of Convention and Visitor Bureaus (AACVB).
• IT&CMA Morning Seminars 1A and 1B.
• IT&CMA Exhibition Appointment Sessions.
• CTW Business Appointments.
• CTW Conference: Breakout Session, Industry Presentation and General Session.
• “Believe in Thailand” TCEB Executive Luncheon.
• Hosted Dinner By Seoul Tourism Organization.
• Late-night Function hosted by TTG Asia and Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok.
Cheryl Tan (Ms.) Marketing Manager TTG Asia Media Pte Ltd. 1 Science Park Road, #04-07, The Capricorn Singapore Science Park II, Singapore 117528 Tel: (65) 6395 7575, (66) 084 1347101 (from October 2-7, 2010 only) Fax: (65) 6536 0896 Email: email@example.com Event URL: www.itcma.com , www.corporatetravelworld.com Website: www.ttgasiamedia.com