LA ROMANA'S VARIETY OF ATTRACTIONS AND EXPERIENCES EARNS RESORT AREA HIGH MARKS AS A FAMILY DESTINATION
LA ROMANA, Dominican Republic (July 23, 2007) - Visit beautiful La Romana, experience the island culture, bask in the sun, and bring the kids! Vacationers are quickly discovering a new family-friendly destination - the idyllic resort area of La Romana, located along the eastern shores of the Dominican Republic. Distinctively Dominican, the region's blend of one-of-a-kind, natural, culturally-authentic attractions and experiences combined with its luxurious vacation surroundings is leading La Romana to become one of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean. Now more families can enjoy visits to La Romana with special summer deals made available through www.explorelaromana.com.
Fun-filled excursions for families in La Romana are abundant both above and below the sea. On land, the adventurous can bounce along on three-wheeled motorbikes and tour La Romana's remote scenic areas or hike through the Parque Nacional del Este (National Park of the East), home to more than 300 bird species, the endangered loggerhead sea turtles, bottlenose dolphins, manatees, and a giant coral reef, along with more than a hundred cave systems. In addition, visitors can take a journey on horseback to the famous Cueva de las Maravillas (Cave of Marvels). The majestic cave brings visitors down 25 feet below the surface, where they will find pre-Colombian pictographs, incredible stalagmite and stalactite formation and an underground pool.
Families can also enjoy underwater adventures with scuba diving and snorkeling tours to discover one of the most important coralline ecosystems of the Antilles and explore four shipwreck parks that include sunken ships, an underwater archaeological museum and the Caballo Blanco Reef that contains a mix of New World artifacts including nine 18th Century origin cannons and numerous 16th Century Spanish artifacts.
Other activities for families include a visit to the home of Ponce de Leon and the Altos Chavon, the famed artists village fashioned after a medieval town with restaurants, shops, a gallery and an archaeological museum. Another popular outing is a trip to Isla Saona, an island off the coast of La Romana filled with lagoons, abundant wildlife, and beautiful beaches.
Tropical Tours, La Romana's leading tour operator, offers a variety of family-friendly adventures like the Off-Road ATV Adventure that includes an excursion to the sugarcane fields, a race through the countryside to the Chavon River for a swim and a visit to a ranch in “Gato" to enjoy some fresh fruits and a little shopping. Families can enjoy a special offer of just $54 per person, 15 percent off of the regular rate, on the Off-Road ATV Adventure now through Oct. 31, 2007.
Families can also opt to spend a day touring Santo Domingo where they can visit the Trampolín Children's Museum that provides fun educational experiences and activities for both children and adults. Also included in the tour is a visit to the National Zoo, where indigenous and exotic animals roam freely in natural habitats, and a trip to the National Aquarium. The special Family day in Santo Domingo excursion is offered through Tropical Tours now through Oct. 31, 2007 and is $30 per child and $60 per adult.
La Romana has a variety of kid-friendly resorts that provide kid's clubs, supervised programs and activities, and a range of additional services to help keep children entertained and allow parents to enjoy some down time. Following are a few of the area's popular family-friendly resorts along with several special deals offered for the summer season. All offers are available only when booking through the Website at www.explorelaromana.com:
- Casa de Campo&Excel Villas - the resort's award-winning children's programs for toddlers (1-3), kids (4-7) and tweens (8-12) are supervised and operate daily with fun adventures to the Equestrian Center, sports at the Tennis Center, arts and crafts, water games at the private Minitas Beach and more. The Family Fun Zone is one of the many places families can play together and teenagers (13-17) can enjoy the Bonche4Teens clubhouse that features movies, pool table and more.
Special Offer: Casa de Campo's Care Free Summer Vacation offers families a fourth night FREE when staying in a superior or luxury guest room. Up to two children under the age of 12 can stay, play and eat for FREE plus enjoy FREE access to the kids camp when sharing room with parents who add the Inclusive Supplement to their stay. Minimum four nights stay required. To obtain the special offer bookings must be made through the hotel reservation line at 1-800-877-3643. Offer valid now through Aug. 31, 2007.
- Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach - provides a complimentary Viva Wyndham Kid's Club for children age four to 12 years old, and a Junior Club for the children ages 12 to 16. Children will be able to participate in a host of daily activities including tennis, painting, archery, windsurfing, mini tournaments, kayaking, volleyball, sandcastle building, pool games and talent shows. All activities are divided into age-appropriate groups. Babysitting services are also available for a nominal fee.
Special Offer: Special all-inclusive family rates at the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach start at $61 per person a night for a superior room, based on double occupancy. Up to two children under the age of 12 can stay, play and eat for free. Offer valid now through Sept. 2, 2007.
- The Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace - features the complimentary Viva Wyndham Kid's Club for children ages 4-12. Children participate in age-specific activities such as arts and crafts, tennis, kayaking, sandcastle building, swimming and a beach Olympics. The Viva Wyndham Kid's Club allows parents to enjoy some quality time while the children are having fun.
Special Offer: Special all-inclusive family rates at the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace start at $71 per person a night for a superior room, based on double occupancy. Up to two children under the age of 12 can stay, play and eat for free. Offer valid now through Sept. 2, 2007.
- Oasis Canoa - Coral's Kidz Club offers daily activities for children ages 4-12, where they can enjoy a complete kids menu, nature, water sports, swimming pool, miniature golf and archery, as well as beach volleyball and basketball. There is an open-air theater for nightly shows.
Special Offer: The Oasis Canoa offers a special all-inclusive family rate of $141 per night for a double room, based on double occupancy, for two adults with up to two children staying free. Offer valid now through Aug. 31, 2007.
- The Sunscape Casa del Mar Resort - has the Explorer's Club, a fully supervised program for children ages 3-12 that offers daily programs based on science, nature and exploration. Kids will enjoy ocean trampoline, sandcastle competitions, arts and crafts, movies on the beach, and a weekly campout adventure on the beach.
Special Offer: The Sunscape Casa del Mar offers a special all-inclusive family rate of $160 per night per room, based on double occupancy, for two adults with up to two children staying free. Offer valid now through Aug. 31, 2007.
Visitors can enjoy the La Romana's breathtaking scenery, vibrant culture, and rich colonial past while in the midst of miles and miles of clean white sandy beaches and pristine waters. For more information on one of the fastest growing tourist destinations in the Caribbean or to book and receive special rates on hotel accommodations and tours visit www.explorelaromana.com.
For more information, contact: Jeanette Chin, Ypartnership Public Relations, 917-538-3266, email@example.com Noel Perkins, Ypartnership Public Relations, 407-838-1797, firstname.lastname@example.org