Amari announces plans to add 40 properties to portfolio across Asia Pacific
This announcement comes one year after the appointment of President and CEO, Peter Henley who has spent his tenure to date focused heavily on preparing for change, allocating investment to the enhancement of systems and processes, significant revitalisation of the Amari brand and corporate management restructuring which has included the appointment of a number strategic senior hires from hospitality giants including Ritz-Carlton, Hilton Hotels&Resorts, Six Senses and Shangri-La. The new management structure includes the addition of roles with specific skill sets in areas including development, technical services and revenue management.
A key cornerstone of this growth plan is the revitalisation of the brand identity. Building on Amari’s strong foundations of successfully managing a mixed portfolio of city-based hotels and resorts, the company is looking to strengthen and broaden its brand proposition.
Planned developments will include:
· A new logo along with the tagline “Colours&Rhythms” which replaces “Hotels&Resorts” to reinforce the message that an Amari experience will be imbued with vibrancy, warmth and a sense of dynamism.
· Positioning Amari as a well-established and resolutely modern Asian experience within the mid-upscale hotel sector.
· Refurbishment of Amari Watergate Bangkok and Amari Coral Beach Phuket commencing in 2010. These will be the first properties in the group to encapsulate the new brand. At the same time Amari is rolling out new service and product offerings to reflect the brand’s spirit throughout its entire portfolio of hotels and resorts.
· In late 2010, the introduction of Amari Residences Bangkok, an exciting concept that will become the first Amari-branded serviced apartments for the group. Located adjacent to the Bangkok Hospital, the 128 room property will target short and long term visitors, especially those visiting the city for medical treatments.
· Amari Hua Hin, opening in late 2011. This will be the group’s first new resort, located on 7.5 acres in the popular Thai seaside town, offering 223 rooms and suites as part of a mixed use development project that will also feature luxury condominiums.
Chief Executive Officer Peter Henley commented: “Recognising the competitiveness in today’s hospitality industry, we realised that to maintain and develop our position we needed to create a long-term plan to take the company forward.”
“The next few years will see many changes both at the brand and property levels, ensuring that we continue to set new standards in modern Asian hospitality.”
Amari is also allocating USD$2 million to communicate these changes via consumer and travel trade marketing activity including the hiring of public relations agencies in key feeder markets including the United Kingdom, India and the Middle East.
A force in Thailand’s hospitality industry since 1965, Amari’s network of 11 properties spans the country, from scenic seaside and mountain locations to vibrant urban settings. Amari is a vision of contemporary Asia, a brand that embodies Asian flair, modern perspective, desire and a down-to-earth vibe. The brand caters to both business and leisure travellers, with each property featuring superior quality rooms, facilities and services.
Amari. The Colours and Rhythms of Modern Asian Hospitality.
For more information about this release or to request high-resolution photography, please contact: Kanjana Ngamkalong Communications Assistant Amari Corporate Office 847 Petchburi Road Bangkok 10400 Thailand T +66 (0) 2255 3767, +66 (0) 2255 4588 F +66 (0) 2255 3718 E firstname.lastname@example.org W www.amari.com