Give in to temptation - Alpine Helen and Dawsonville in the North Georgia mountains fulfill romantic desires
“Wrap Up In Romance”at Forrest Hills Mountain Resort&Spa
The ultimate winter getaway in the North Georgia mountains; 140-acre resort, secluded cottages with fireplaces and hot tubs, spa and wellness center, restaurants, entertainment
The resort's wintertime “Wrap up in Romance" package includes:
* Accommodations for two nights in a luxury cabin with hot tub and fireplace
* Welcome snack pack of cutting board with cheese ball, summer sausage, and crackers
* Horse-drawn carriage ride
* Dinners by candlelight
* Bottle of champagne or sparkling cider
* His and hers winterizing spa treatments: A green tea or Dead Sea mud wrap for her and a one-hour hot stone massage for him
* Breakfast daily for two
Price: US$798/weekend; US$758/weekdays, plus tax
Add US$200 for Valentine’s weekend, which includes a prime rib dinner/dance with live entertainment plus a gourmet box of chocolates and champagne upon arrival.
All rates are per couple; tax and gratuity not included.
Offer expires March 28, 2009
Note: Package will remain available after March; additional packages offered year round; prices vary.
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Spa
135 Forrest Hills Road
Dahlonega, GA 30533
770-534-3244 or 800-654-6313
“You’re the Top” at Lily Creek Lodge Bed&Breakfast
Romantic European style in the heart of North Georgia wine country. Outdoor hot tub, hidden swimming pool with waterfall, gazebo, treehouse, firepit, woodland trails, WIFI.
“You’re the Top” winter romance package includes:
* Two nights in the spacious Tango, a luxurious two-room suite with patio, Jacuzzi, shower, satellite TV, WiFi, and refrigerator
* Full gourmet breakfast served in your room each morning
* Two tickets for a wine tasting at a select North Georgia winery
* A delicious stack of gold bars (fine Paul Thomas’ chocolates)
* One dozen roses
Price: US$499, plus tax, for two people
Offer expires March 30, 2009
Note: Additional packages offered year round; prices vary.
Lily Creek Lodge Bed&Breakfast
2608 Auraria Road
Dahlonega, GA 30533
“Fall in Love” Valentine's Day at Amicalola State Park and Lodge
Full-service lodge in the midst of the Chattahoochee National Forest; stunning views; short walk to 729-foot falls the Cherokee Indians named Amicalola for “tumbling waters."
“Fall in Love” Valentine’s Day package includes:
* Spend the day at the state park hiking and viewing the highest falls east of the Mississippi River
* Special Valentine’s Day dinner in lodge restaurant
* Breakfast for two the following morning — plus a few extra surprises
Price: US$170 plus tax and gratuities, based on two people
Package offer valid February 14, 2009 only
Amicalola State Park and Lodge
418 Amicalola Falls State Park Road
Dawsonville, GA 30534
A Month of Romance at Dawson County Comfort Inn
Conveniently located across from the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall; minutes away from North Georgia attractions; newly renovated; 50 rooms; pet friendly.
“February: A Month of Romance Getaway” package includes:
* Discounted rate with a large Jacuzzi suite or whirlpool tub suite
* Fragrant bottle of bubble bath
* A box of Valentine’s Day chocolates
* Deluxe continental breakfast the following morning
Price: Large Suite US$95.99; Small Suite US$75.99, plus tax
Offer expires February 28, 2009
Note: Package available by contacting the hotel directly, not booking through online reservations.
127 Beartooth Parkway
Dawsonville, GA 35034
To see all that Dawsonville and the surrounding area offers — everything from exploring nature’s paradise to sipping full-bodied elixir at the nearby wineries in the heart of Georgia wine country to shopping for your sweetheart to shared spa experiences, even kangaroos — visit www.Dawson.org or call 1-877-302-9271.
ALPINE HELEN AND WHITE COUNTY
“Sweets and Flowers” Romance at Black Forest B&B
Intimate, romantic room, suites, and cabins featuring red heart-shaped Jacuzzi tubs, gas log fireplaces, indoor waterfalls, delicious gourmet breakfast, luscious deserts.
“Sweets and Flowers” Romance package includes:
* Stay two nights or more on Valentine's Day Weekend and receive a complimentary bouquet of a dozen roses plus six chocolate covered strawberries.
Price: US$350 - US$550, plus tax
Offer valid Valentine’s Day Weekend
Note: Throughout the month of February add “Sweets and Flowers” to room rate for US$79.00
Black Forest B&B
8902 N. Main Street
Helen, GA 30545
Getaway to The Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center
Centrally located in Helen on the Chattahoochee River; warm, friendly lobby with large stone fireplace and hot coffee; heated enclosed pool.
“Helendorf Winter Getaway” special offer includes:
* When booking 2 consecutive nights during the month of February, guests will receive a 25 percent discount off regular room rate per night. Room sizes vary.
Price: From US$82-US$118 per room per night, plus tax
Offer expires March, 1, 2009
The Helendorf Inn and Conference Center
Helen, Ga, 30545
Sweetheart’s Get Away at Frances Lee Mountain Rental Cabin
Relax in this cozy cabin with a picture-book view of Sky Lake sitting amidst a private tranquil wooded acre; see graceful deer roam the property.
“Sweetheart’s Get Away in the Mountains” special offer includes:
* Stay two nights and get the third night free; all three nights must be between Sunday and Thursday nights.
Price: Special offer of US$272.00 all inclusive (regularly $383.00 all inclusive)
Offer expires May 31, 2009
Frances Lee Rental Cabin
79 Star Lake Lane
Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571
Romance in the Mountains at Pinnacle Cabin Rentals
Luxurious, upscale one- to five-bedroom cabins with incredible mountain views; flat screen TVs, pool tables, hot tubs, and wireless Internet.
“Romance in the Mountains” package includes:
* Reserve two nights and indulge yourself with a Spicy, Sensual or Sumptuous gift basket. Each basket includes:
* Complimentary bottle of wine
* Fresh berries and cream
* Luscious chocolates
* His and her body lotions
* In couple’s cabins, guests are greeted with the baskets placed next to the spa tub filled floating rose petals.
Price: US$145 - US$365
Offer expires: February 28, 2009
Pinnacle Cabin Rentals
389 Farmette Drive
Cleveland, Ga 30528
P.O. Box 1264
Helen, GA 30545
“Cupid’s Mountain Romance” at new Sautee Resorts
North Georgia Mountain’s newest luxury cabins in a pristine forest near the historic village of Sautee Nacoochee; hot tub, king-size bed, wood-burning fireplace, game room, close to fine dining and shops.
“Cupid’s Mountain Romance” package includes:
* Luxury cabin with your choice of Romantic Gift Basket upon arrival. (Depending on choice, gift basket includes locally made chocolates, bath oils, bottle of wine or cider and flowers.)
* NOTE: Book 2 nights and stay the 3rd night free.
Price: Special pricing from US$129-US$199
Offer valid January - February 28, 2009
595 Hwy 255
Sautee, GA 30523
706-947-0006 or 706-878-3535
Have a “Super Heart Valentine” Time at Super 8
Treat your sweetheart to a romantic getaway in Alpine Helen at the Super 8 Hotel with a Super Heart Valentine Package.
“Super Heart Valentine” package includes:
* Guests are greeted with Hansel and Gretel Chocolates and a deluxe basket with champagne, assorted cheese, crackers, and grapes.
Price: US$99 per night in a king room; US$129 in a king room with Jacuzzi
Offer valid February 13 – 14, 2009; ask for Joy Foster to book package
Super 8 of Helen
8396 South Main Street
Helen, GA 30545
During the month of February, Alpine Helen and White County lure couples with locally-made chocolates, bath oils, and wine or cider, nights spent in secluded cabins or riverfront inns, and lots of flowers and candlelight. To learn more about the charm of this Bavarian village with its ginger-trimmed streetscapes, authentic German fare and luscious local edibles, pristine trout streams and outdoor scenery, artist community, and shopping thoroughfare, go to www.helenga.org or call 1-800-858-8027.
Marty Williams V.P., Dawson County CVB Email: email@example.com Phone: 706-265-6278 Debbie Gagliolo Executive Director, Alpine Helen White County CVB Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 706-878-3842 Laurie Rowe Email: LaurieRowe@LRCpr.com Phone: 850-215-0558