Enhance your brain power with a stay at Corinthia Hotel London
Available between November 2016 and December 2017, the exclusive Brain Power packages aligns with the hotel’s Neuroscientist in Residence program, during which time neuroscientist Dr. Tara Swart will be studying mental resilience and recovery as a major factor in achieving peak brain performance.
What we eat and drink, how we sleep and stimulate the brain through the five senses, all play a key part in creating the optimum conditions for brain power performance.
Corinthia Hotel London’s Brain Power Packages provides tailor-made experiences in three areas of the hotel:
1. Guest Bedrooms
2. ESPA Life at Corinthia
3. Northall Restaurant, In-room Dining and Bassoon Bar
The Brain Power Residential Package costs from £618 (approximately US$766.13) (based on single occupancy) and includes an overnight stay in a Superior King Room, a Dinner and Breakfast from the Brain Power Menu, ESPA Mindful Massage with Yoga Nidra given in the guest room or spa and unlimited access to ESPA Life state-of-the-art facilities including the extensive Thermal Floor, Gym and unique Sleep Pods.
1. Guest Bedrooms: Seven to nine hours of good quality sleep each night is essential as this is when the brain’s glymphatic system – the waste clearance system – works. Any disruption to this process can drop IQ by five to eight points the next day.
2. ESPA Life: Two-hour ESPA Mindful Massage with Yoga Nidra
• Mindfulness – a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique. This practice leads to the thickening of the pre-frontal cortex and lowers cortisol levels (the stress hormone). This is the region of the brain associated with higher functions such as awareness, concentration and decision making. There is some evidence that mindfulness can support the treatment of depression and can impact underlying day-to-day anxiety, stress and irritability.
• Yoga Nidra - a mindfulness practice - is a systematic method of training busy minds to achieve conscious relaxation. It dissipates physical, mental and emotional tensions and consequently has a highly restorative effect on brain and body. This practice is instrumental to drive positive life changes, break habits and help super learning.
This holistic, deeply relaxing and clarifying two-hour massage works on the concept of mindfulness, focusing on both brain and body to help reduce stress and enhance focus through breathing and visualization techniques. The massage concludes with a personalized session of Yoga Nidra. Guests awake feeling rejuvenated and refocused. This treatment can be enjoyed in the guest bedroom or spa.
For those unable to stay at Corinthia Hotel, a day package is available:
The Brain Power Day Spa Package costs £280 (approximately US$347.35) per person and includes a two-hour Brain Power Ritual, a delicious light Lunch from the Brain Power menu in the Spa Lounge, unlimited access to the state-of-the-art facilities including the Thermal Floor and unique Sleep Pods.
This is a fast-paced and energetic treatment, perfect for refocusing busy minds, stretching tight muscles and helping to reduce tension. It incorporates bamboo sticks to massage with and promotes mind balance and positivity. The experience concludes with Pranayama breath work, skillfully guided by a Therapist. Right- nostril breathing is proven to stimulate the left side of the brain, associated with logic and analytics. This practice enhances a positive mood and brings clarity and focus. Guests emerge energized and ready to tackle important goals. Includes: Foot Ritual, Bamboo Joint Release Massage, Pranayama.
3. Northall Restaurant, In-room Dining and Bassoon Bar: Brains use up to 20-30% of what we eat and drink so food choices should be made that are best for the brain first. Certain foods and drinks provide essential nutrients to nourish the brain and help create, protect and repair brain cells. Brain foods support our neurotransmitters which are the brain chemicals that control how well we learn, remember and make decisions.
What we drink and in what quantities is also crucial to brain performance. Research shows that dehydration can impair short and long-term memory functions in the brain. Even a 1-3% change in hydration levels can result in decreases in memory, concentration and decision-making power. A menu based around neuro-nutrition will boost the health and performance of the brain.
For more information, visit www.corinthia.com/London
MEDIA CONTACTS: Corinthia Hotels US Media Contact - Karen Hoffman/Bianca Pappas, The Bradford Group, Info@bradfordglobalmarketing.com , (212) 447-0027; Corinthia Hotels Director of International PR, Fiona Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org , or tel +44 (0) 20 7321 3034