Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay launches exclusive “Focus on Malta” photography holiday package
The Maltese archipelago – made up of Malta, Gozo and Comino – is a photography destination waiting to be discovered, and the capital Valletta boasts the highest concentration of monuments in the world. This trip promises guests the opportunity to capture Malta’s most photogenic highlights, both natural and manmade, and to shoot local characters and craftsmen in their workshops, where, is it said, time has stood still. The exclusive tour will also grant guests private access to the island’s historic venues and locations, ensuring a unique and serene experience. Guests will be guided and accompanied by photography expert Gilbert Vancell, who is on hand to give advice and teach various techniques he employs for astrophotography and post-production.
The “Focus on Malta” holiday, available on www.corinthia.com , is intended for amateur photographers and enthusiasts with an interest in culture, heritage, seascapes and landscapes. No prior expertise or experience in photography is necessary, as photography expert Gilbert will assist guests at every level. Guests are welcome to use any type or brand of camera, from a compact point-and-shoot camera, to a professional full frame DSLR with an array of lenses. The group size will between four to eight guest photographers, ensuring an exclusive and intimate experience.
Gilbert Vancell is a self-taught photographer who specializes in nature photography. Originally a graphic designer and illustrator by profession, Gilbert traded in the long hours in his studio to explore and photograph Malta’s hidden gems – hidden even from the island’s local population. A photographer with a cause, Gilbert claims, “I hope that with my photography I will make more people aware of the hidden natural treasures these Islands have, and helping in preserving our natural environment and our night sky.”
The five-star Corinthia St. George’s Bay is located on the coast of Malta, boasting panoramic views over the sparkling Mediterranean. Located next to the culturally and historically vibrant St. Julian’s, Corinthia St. George’s Bay was built around one of the thirteen seventeenth-century watch-towers. The village of St. Julian’s was established initially as a fishing village, which later became a summer residence for wealthy locals and has now developed into one of the Island’s mostly sought after resort for night life and entertainment.
• Day 1 (Saturday): Arrival, transfer to Corinthia St. George’s Day, and introductions over dinner at the hotel.
• Day 2 (Sunday): Sunrise at St. Peter’s Pool, breakfast at Marsaxlokk Sunday market, sunset overlooking the coastline from Qrendi.
• Day 3 (Monday): Full day in Gozo shooting the Citadel, saltpans, Mgarr-Ix-Xini Fjord, local villages and the Dweijra area with the iconic Azure window.
• Day 4 (Tuesday): A morning in Mdina, the Silent City and Rabat, and an evening of astrophotography, shooting the Milky Way and star trails from a hidden spot along Malta’s coastline.
• Day 5 (Wednesday): A morning visiting The Three Cities, a private visit to St. John’s Co-Cathedral in the afternoon and a twilight session at the harbor overlooking Valletta. After dinner, a post-processing session by photography expert Gilbert Vancell.
• Day 6 (Thursday): Sunrise in Valletta harbor, followed by a full day of shooting in Malta’s capital.
• Day 7 (Friday): Sunrise overlooking St. Paul’s Island, afternoon visit to Siggiewi village, a sunset session overlooking the bay of Gnejna.
• Day 8 (Saturday): Breakfast, farewell, and transfer to airport.
Package price starts at €2875 (approximately $3,168.48) per person. To book, please see www.corinthia.com/hotels/malta/malta_stgeorgesbay/destination/whats-on/photography-holiday/
About Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay
Located in the culturally vibrant and historically pivotal St. Julian’s, the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay is a world-class resort that offers the perfect balance of tranquility, panoramic views of the Mediterranean, culinary delights and leisurely activities. The resort boasts 141 rooms, 70 Executive Club rooms and 38 suites, all with a private balcony, as well as 5 pools, a private rocky beach and direct access to the Mediterranean Sea. With an excellent selection of elegant and al fresco eateries, celebrity-chef run Caviar & Bull, poolside dining and the top-class Pearl Lounge, the hotel’s restaurants and bars are some of the best of the area. The Apollo Day Spa, water sports center and state-of-the art fitness center ensure guests can all unwind in their individual way. Corinthia St. George’s Bay is a 21st-century luxury seafront resort located on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. Opened in 1995, the Corinthia St. George’s Bay was created with a passion for craftsmanship and an understanding of world-class service. Corinthia St. George’s Bay is a member of Corinthia Hotels’ collection of five-star hotels, founded by the Pisani family of Malta.
For more information about Corinthia St. George’s Bay, visit:
PHOTO: Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
MEDIA CONTACTS: Fiona Harris, Director of International Public Relations, Corinthia Hotels, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0207 321 3034, Evelien Lemmens, email@example.com or tel: +44 (0) 207 321 3196; In the US: The Bradford Group, Karen Hoffman/ Bianca Pappas, Tel: (212) 447-0027, Fax: (212) 725 8253, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org