Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain attends banquet at Corinthia Palace Hotel during State Visit to Malta and Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting
On the evening of Friday, November 27, The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, and The Duchess of Cornwall, attended the traditional CHOGM dinner for 120 guests at the Corinthia Palace Hotel, Attard, Malta. Guests included foreign dignitaries from across the Commonwealth, UK Prime Minister David Cameron, and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
The hotel was selected to host the dinner due to its location opposite the Presidential Palace in Malta, its reputation as one of the classic grand dame hotels of Malta and its expertise in delivering state banquets.
Corinthia Palace’s Executive Chef, Stefan Hogan, prepared a menu of:
• Seared Brown Meagre with Courgette Ribbons and Saffron Velouté
• Roast Quail stuffed with a Vegetable Mousseline and Grapes Panache of Carrots, French Beans and Artichokes, Fondant Potatoes
• Dark Chocolate Marquise with Mandarin Sorbet
Wines to accompany the dinner were:
• Ridgeview Estate, Grosvenor Blanc de Blancs, Sussex UK 2011
• Churton Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough New Zealand 2014
• Botanica Mary Delany Pinot Noir, Elgin South Africa 2012
• Grand Vin de Hauteville Moscato, DOK Malta, Emmanuel Delicata, 2012
Contact Corinthia Hotels on social media -
PHOTO: The Queen greeting Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau and Justin Trudeau at the CHOGM dinner
MEDIA CONTACTS: Fiona Harris, Director of International Public Relations, Corinthia Hotels, email@example.com or tel: 0207 321 3034, Evelien Lemmens, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +44 (0) 207 321 3196; In the US: The Bradford Group, Karen Hoffman/ Bianca Pappas, Tel: (212) 447-0027, Fax: (212) 725 8253, E-mail: email@example.com