EIBTM 2008: Growth in MPI Technology Village & EIBTM Highlights Importance of it Solutions in Meeting Industry
Now in its sixth year the MPI Technology Village @ EIBTM has gained an enviable international reputation for exhibiting some of the newest, most effective technology solutions for event and meeting planners. 2008 is no exception.
This year, with still six months before the event opens in Barcelona on 2 December, 30 exhibitors have confirmed their attendance, representing around a 20% increase at the same time last year.
Mandy Torrens, EIBTM Exhibition Director comments: “We are delighted that the 2008 MPI Technology Village @ EIBTM has attracted such a wide and diverse range of innovative meetings related technologies. Many of the products on show reflect the need for quick and effective solutions for event and meeting planners with online event management software, mobile solutions, RFID and other wireless events technology taking centre stage.”
One of the newest technologies being exhibited is a webcast solution – conference2web™ - from M Events. This is the world’s first automated webcast solution with no post production required.
Other exhibitors include Spotme, the winner of the EIBTM 2007 WorldWide Technology Watch, Delegia AB, ACS EventResult, MeetingMonitor, Parrimark Technology and Shocklogic Global Ltd to name a few.
Corbin Ball, CMP, Director, Corbin Ball Associates and EIBTM’s technology expert believes that “there is no better place for the meetings industry to see and test the newest and most popular technology developments than at EIBTM. In one location, Hosted Buyers, visitors and exhibitors can be confidently assured that they will be seeing technology solutions that could make a real, profitable difference to their businesses.”
The Events Services Village @ EIBTM, now in its fourth year, showcases the best in support services for events, meetings and incentive travel. Exhibitors represent production, audio visual, motivational and incentive products. Confirmed exhibitors include Drum Café, Parthen, MICEpoint and newcomers Congress Rental Network and ABBIT Meeting Support.
With stand space now strictly limited any potential exhibitor should log onto either www.eibtm.com/techvillage or www.eibtm.com/eventsvillage .
For exhibitors looking to have their technologies officially recognised by the industry, all have the opportunity to enter The EIBTM WorldWide Technology Watch (WWTW). The competition is dedicated to discovering the latest technological innovations that will have a positive impact on meetings, events, incentive travel, conferences and exhibitions. The closing date for entries is Friday 5th September 2008 and the winner receives a free stand at the MPI Technology Village @ EIBTM 2008 and the opportunity to present their product during the event in Barcelona.
To enter the WWTW awards or to find out more about the judging criteria, please visit www.eibtm.com/wwtw. Judging will take place on Wednesday 1st October 2008 and the company chosen will be informed shortly after this date.
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. EIBTM forms part of the RTE portfolio of Global Meetings and Incentives Events along with AIME (www.aime.com.au), GIBTM (www.gibtm.travel ), CIBTM (www.cibtm.travel) and the ICCA Exhibition in association with the ICCA Congress (www.iccaworld.com). EIBTM (www.eibtm.com) is the annual global meetings and incentive exhibition held in Barcelona, Spain.
EIBTM is ABC Audited every year to guarantee that the number of visitors promoted is completely accurate and are unique attendees only.
2. Reed Travel Exhibitions organise 14 events worldwide, including World Travel Market, Arabian Travel Market, C.I.S. Travel Market, EIBTM, Asia Pacific Incentives&Meetings Expo (AIME), International Golf Travel Market, Top Resa, ICCA Exhibition, in association with the ICCA Congress, International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM), La Cumbre, City Break, China Incentive, Business Travel&Meetings Exhibition (CIBTM), Gulf Incentive Business Travel&Meetings (GIBTM) and Asia Luxury Travel Market (ALTM).
3. For further press information, please visit the Reed Travel Exhibitions’ website on www.reedtravelexhibitions.com
4. Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of exhibitions and conferences. Reed brings together over 90,000 suppliers and more than 5.5 million buyers from around the world every year generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 38 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 33 fully staffed offices.
5. Reed’s portfolio of over 460 events serves 52 industry sectors, including: aerospace and defence, building and construction, design, electronics, energy, oil and gas, entertainment, food and hospitality, gifts, healthcare, IT/telecoms, jewellery, manufacturing, marketing and business services, pharmaceuticals, property, publishing, sport and recreation, transport and logistics and travel.
6. Working closely with professional bodies, trade associations and government departments Reed ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to industry needs. As a result, many Reed events are market leaders in their field.
7. Reed Exhibitions is part of Reed Elsevier, a FTSE 100 company and world-leading publisher and information provider, with revenues in excess of £4.8 billion (US$ 8.4 billion) (2004).
For further information, contact the EIBTM press office: Simon Greenbury Tel: +44 (0) 207 096 2960 or mobile +44 (0)7798 650 220 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Nina Gardiner Tel: +44 (0) 207 096 2953 Email: email@example.com EIBTM Website: www.eibtm.com Reed Travel Exhibitions website: www.reedtravelexhibitions.com