EIBTM 2008: Expand Hosted Buyer Program will deliver more qualified international industry professionals
Increased numbers of Hosted Buyers from all the key European markets are expected with total attendance likely to be approximately 3,500 of the leading industry decision makers. EIBTM leads the way in independently auditing its Hosted Buyer and Trade Visitor numbers, providing a qualified approach to achieving the event’s objectives in delivering a truly global audience.
Hosted Buyers from India, China, Brazil, Russia and Poland are already being recruited as well as additional groups from the US, Canada and Middle East.
New group coordinators include: Barcelo Hotels, Global Cynergies, LLC, Meetme, Starcite USA, Tourisme Montréal and Uniqueworld.
Increased numbers of multiple day rotations are being offered to maximise Hosted Buyers’ time on the exhibition floor and Reed Travel Exhibitions are expecting that over 43,000 Pre-Scheduled Appointments will be organised between Hosted Buyers and Exhibitors.
Benefits for Hosted Buyers at EIBTM 2008, which will take place from 2nd – 4th December at the Fira Gran Via include dedicated Association, Corporate and Agency educational programmes, increased networking opportunities and once again use of the three Hosted Buyer Lounges on-site. For the second year in a row, a complimentary buffet lunch will be available for all buyers every day in the third Hosted Buyer lounge provided by GastroFira, the in-house catering department of Fira de Barcelona
UK and French Hosted Buyers can take advantage of the exclusive charter flight service, providing VIP flights to and from the show with champagne breakfast and dedicated check in.
The strength and quality of the EIBTM Hosted Buyer programme has also led to 15 destinations offering to host the Post Event Tours. New tours include Alcala de Henares, Costa del Sol/Malaga, Gran Canaria, Leon and Tarragona. European cities including London, Madrid, Amsterdam, Lisbon, Venice, Bilbao, Costa Daurada, Sitges, San Sebastian and Valencia are also available.
Mandy Torrens, Exhibition Director for EIBTM comments: “We were delighted with both the numbers and feedback from Hosted Buyers at last years’ event and hope to increase both again this year, however our focus is always on quality of buyers rather than simply quantity. We want to deliver an excellent experience for Hosted Buyers who are taking time out of their busy schedules to attend EIBTM by providing ROI on their time at the show”
June Clark, Manager for Hosted Programmes - EIBTM added: “Not everyone on the Hosted Buyer programme has to be part of a group and for 2008 we are also looking to attract meeting professionals who apply to be qualified individually and yet enjoy the same benefits. These people could be the organiser of an event or conference, perhaps influences or make budgetary decisions for international business travel, meetings, incentive travel, international conventions, product launches, or staff training. All the details for how to qualify can be found on www.eibtm.com .“
EIBTM is the leading exhibition for the conference, incentives, events, business travel and meetings industry. It delivers proven attendance figures – ABC audited - providing a business forum that brings together exhibitors with senior Hosted Buyers looking to discover new innovative products and services. With a buyer driven appointment system, EIBTM also runs a leading edge professional education programme and networking events.
More information can be found at: www.eibtm.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. EIBTM forms part of the RTE portfolio of Global Meetings and Incentives Events along with AIME (www.aime.com.au), GIBTM (www.gibtm.travel ), CIBTM (www.cibtm.travel) and the ICCA Exhibition in association with the ICCA Congress (www.iccaworld.com).
EIBTM (www.eibtm.com) is the annual global meetings and incentive exhibition held in Barcelona, Spain.
EIBTM is ABC Audited every year to guarantee that the number of visitors promoted is completely accurate and are unique attendees only.
2. Reed Travel Exhibitions organise 14 events worldwide, including World Travel Market, Arabian Travel Market, C.I.S. Travel Market, EIBTM, Asia Pacific Incentives&Meetings Expo (AIME), International Golf Travel Market, Top Resa, ICCA Exhibition, in association with the ICCA Congress, International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM), La Cumbre, City Break, China Incentive, Business Travel&Meetings Exhibition (CIBTM), Gulf Incentive Business Travel&Meetings (GIBTM) and Asia Luxury Travel Market (ALTM).
3. For further press information, please visit the Reed Travel Exhibitions’ website on www.reedtravelexhibitions.com
4. Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of exhibitions and conferences. Reed brings together over 90,000 suppliers and more than 5.5 million buyers from around the world every year generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 38 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 33 fully staffed offices.
5. Reed’s portfolio of over 460 events serves 52 industry sectors, including: aerospace and defence, building and construction, design, electronics, energy, oil and gas, entertainment, food and hospitality, gifts, healthcare, IT/telecoms, jewellery, manufacturing, marketing and business services, pharmaceuticals, property, publishing, sport and recreation, transport and logistics and travel.
6. Working closely with professional bodies, trade associations and government departments Reed ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to industry needs. As a result, many Reed events are market leaders in their field.
7. Reed Exhibitions is part of Reed Elsevier, a FTSE 100 company and world-leading publisher and information provider, with revenues in excess of £4.8 billion (US$ 8.4 billion) (2004).
For further information, contact the EIBTM press office: Nina Gardiner or Sandra Boutonnet. Tel: +44 (0) 207 096 2958/53 Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org EIBTM Website: www.eibtm.com Reed Travel Exhibitions website: www.reedtravelexhibitions.com To see more testimonials, information and photos please go to www.eibtm.com -- Sandra Boutonnet PR Cut Communications 167-169 Great Portland Street London W1W 5PE Direct line: +44(0)20 7096 2958 Mobile: +44(0)7900 494 467